"We must overcome difficulties, rather than letting difficulties overcome us!"

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tomorrow is the Sleep Deprived EEG

I know it is just an EEG.  It is a very typical procedure that so many people go through.  Yet, with every procedure and every doctor visit, my brain goes a million miles a minute.  My heart hurts for him.  Not every 6 year old has to visit so many different doctors in a year.  Not many have to go through millions of different tests, just to receive the same answers which are far from a cure.  He has such a long battle ahead of him, and I know all of this has its place in finding a cure, yet I can't help but feel selfish by being mad that I just know a cure is so far from being found.  Will it be in his lifetime??  I want to know.  I feel like I need more answers than the doctors are able to give me.  My brain hurts from stress and worry, yet I still keep pushing.  There are so many children battling some type of disease and disorder.  And Lord knows my heart aches for each one of them, but when things like this hit so close to home, it makes you appreciate life so much more. I'm in this for the long haul Jymani.  You know Mommy will be there every single step.  I love you and I want to make you better baby, I wish I had all the answers.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came upon your blog. I have a nuisance myoclonus, nothing like the great load of stuff your little Jymani has to cope with. You're right, he is a little hero.

Jymani's Story said...

Thank you for your comment Owen. I hope you are doing better. I have never heard of Nuisance Myoclonus. My thoughts are with you.