"We must overcome difficulties, rather than letting difficulties overcome us!"

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jymani wants to be a Fire Fighter when he grows up.........

For the 1st time ever, Jymani told me what he wants to be when he grows up.  I never asked, he just randomly said to me, "Mommy, I wanna be a firefighter when I grow up."  Seriously, a moment I will never forget.  Five and a half years ago Jymani lost his ability to walk, talk, sit, stand, crawl and eat.  The progress was slow and the battle excruciating, but he eventually regained these abilities.  Doctors couldn't promise me he would ever lead a "normal" life.  The brain damage was irreversible.  About 2 years ago Jymani started talking again in 2-3 word sentences, thanks to a lot of speech therapy.  A year ago he was up to 3-4 word sentences.  And now today, to tell me what he wants to be when he grows up.......man my heart is smiling!!

1 comment:

Kristin Allen said...

That's totally awesome! :) Keep us updated on him!