"We must overcome difficulties, rather than letting difficulties overcome us!"

Monday, February 9, 2009

....another day of twists and turns!!




Well,today we went to the hospital expecting to start our third round of chemotherapy! We checked into the clinic as scheduled and had all necessary lab work done. Thank God the nurses had not yet accessed Jymani's port, because the Chemo was canceled due to the fact that Jymani had another bed seizure last night! I kind of figured that would happen as I called the hospital late last night to speak to the Oncologist on call and the Neurologist on call. Its so hard when there are so many doctors with their hands in on his care, I just don't know who to talk to! Nonetheless, the Oncologist on call told me to come in and the Neurologist told me to call his actual Neurologist in the morning. Well, that was little help because we were do to be at the hospital at 8 AM and we have about an hour and a half drive! So we went knowing that the docs would want to see him anyway, because his seizures have been so uncontrolled! Dr. Joseph ordered another EEG instead and also raised his Topamax (again). So we checked into Neurology by 9:15 and were done by noon. So it wasn't too hard of a day for Jymani, although he HATES, when they glue all the wires to his head. He just cried and said, "No mommy, I'm a good boy!" Talk about breaking my heart!! I am anxiously waiting for the results.........

No comments: